Call for Applications – Apply Now!
Postgraduate Professional Development Programme for Emerging Female Fine Artists
Goldrausch Kunstlerinnenprojekt has been run by Goldrausch Frauennetzwerk e. V. since 1989. It was founded to counteract the structural discrimination faced by female artists. Now more than ever, it is not enough to just make good art. Broad professional knowledge and expertise are necessary in order to be successful and visible in the public domain. Therefore it is our objective to promote women who pursue their chosen career, helping them gain further practical knowledge and presenting their work.
What we offer
The programme’s course is tailored specifically to meet the objectives of the participants. Every year, 15 female fine artists are admitted to our professional development programme. We take the participants’ artistic practices as the departure point of our training. The course combines practical tasks with various insights into the art world and the continuous training of presentation techniques and communication strategies. This includes the design of an individual website, studio talks and discussions of art work. Also part of the curriculum are basic knowledge about self-employment, public relations and project planning, the creation of a catalogue and a group exhibition. Two experienced art historians lead the seminars and they additionally invite curators, gallerists and other experts who engage with the artists on an equal footing: Practical know-how, which can be implemented in order to pursue a successful career, is exchanged and further developed. A profound knowledge of the art sector is equally important, it’s practice and key players as well as an understanding of networks. Here, a fundamental basis is provided by Goldrausch Kunstlerinnenprojekt’s ever-growing network of alumni, which consists of more than 350 former participants.
Organiser and Funding
The project is organised by Goldrausch Frauennetzwerk Berlin e. V., which acts as a microlending agency and financing body for women-led businesses. The project is funded by the Berlin Senate Department for Health, Long-Term-Care and Gender Equality the European Social Fund (ESF). The financing covers the costs of the programme.
We Are Looking Forward to Applications
- From women of all ages and of every nationality
- From women resident in Berlin
- From women with knowledge of German sufficient enough to follow discussions; individual contributions may be in English
We Promote Female Fine Artists
- Working in all disciplines
- Preferably with a completed degree of a university or college (art) course or holding an equivalent qualification
- With experience in artistic practice
- With specific goals and great motivation
- With the time and resources needed to work on concepts of communication and marketing while also working in the studio
- Positioning of the participants’ artistic practices and setting goals for the future (analysis and development)
- Training of self-presentation and the presentation of the artistic practice
- Conceptualisation of a catalogue and an exhibition
- Independence: tax and copyright law, finance – what should a woman know?
- Professional skills regarding the publication of individual content – both text and images (print and online)
- Berlin’s art world: excursions, seminars, discussions, contacts
When: January–December 2020
Where: Goldrausch Künstlerinnenprojekt, Fahrbereitschaft, Herzbergstr. 40–43, 10365 Berlin.
BVG Haltestelle Herzbergstr./Industriegebiet, Tram 21, M10, M13, M5, M8
Seminar schedule: Thursday and Friday, plus 3–4 intensive weeks
Group exhibition: Autumn 2020
The coming application period for the course 2021 will beginn in summer 2020. More information will follow soon.
Information on application materials here